The Vision of Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church is to be faithful to Jesus Christ and the proclamation of His Gospel in all its purity, by being a joyfully Lutheran community of believers.
Our priorities are:
- To be the church God intends us to be by:
- Bringing the Gospel to the unchurched in our community. Christ Lutheran will seek new and effective ways to reach the unchurched in our community.
- Promoting a dynamic Christian spiritual life for all its members. Christ Lutheran will minister to the whole person, spirit, mind and body.
- To maintain a high quality Christian day school. Christ Lutheran will continue to see is day school as a vital ministry and as a mission effort of the congregation.
- To develop long lasting connections with all the members of our congregation. We will seek to minister effectively to high school youth, young adults, young married couples, parents of high school and college students, empty nesters and retirees.
- To be a faithful member of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. We will support the mission and work of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod at circuit, district and synodical levels.
- To be world mission minded. Christ Lutheran will promote the work of missionaries throughout the world.
- To promote and develop ministries of service to the community. Christ Lutheran will seek ways to use its resources to benefit and be a blessing to our community.
In the mid 1950’s Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church was founded as a mission by members of Trinity Lutheran Church in St. Joseph. From the beginning the centerpiece of Christ Lutheran’s mission has been the Christian day school. Evidence of this can be found in the fact that our first building was a day school where the gymnasium was used as a worship facility.
In 1968 Christ Lutheran demonstrated its faithfulness to mission by boldly moving from south St. Joseph to Stevensville. In the years that have followed, God has richly blessed Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church & School. Membership and staff have grown significantly over the past years. An important indication of this blessing is the fact that Christ Lutheran has sent a significant number of its sons and daughters into the teaching and preaching ministry of the Lutheran Church. In addition, many of its members have served the church at large in various positions at circuit, district and synodical levels.
Christ Lutheran Church has also demonstrated its faithfulness to a correct understanding of God’s Word. We have been solid in our commitment to the Bible and the Lutheran Confessions. We demonstrate this in our liturgical style of worship, in our abundant offering of Bible study activities and in the calling of faithful and synodically trained pastors and teachers.