Anyone with an interest can be a non-voting member of a particular board. To be a voting member of the board, you must be elected to the board (generally held in July, but nominations begin in Feb.) and must be a voting congregational member.
Board of Assimilation
The main task of this board is to help “assimilate” new members. To put it more simply, this board tries to make the new member feel welcome and assists in getting them connected to special areas of interest. Orientation, recognition and a reception for the new members also falls under their responsibilities.
Board of Church Properties
This is the board that sees to the maintenance and upkeep of the church and school buildings. Anyone that has an interest in helping would be greatly appreciated, especially if you have a particular talent/hobby such as painting, laying tile, electrical, or landscaping.
Board of Elders
This board consists of men and the pastors which govern the spiritual aspects of the church. Elders make hospital calls, visit members, and assist pastors with communion.
Board of Evangelism
This board trains Evangelism Callers and coordinates follow-up calls on all visitors with either a personal visit or a phone call. They also oversee the Visitor’s Center and promote missions in our church. A missionary is supported through this group in a program called Together in Missions. They also serve to support the pastors in organizing the “I Have Good News For You” Bible Class.
Board of Fellowship
Fellowship activities such as church picnics, variety shows, Lenten suppers, etc. are the focus of this board. They serve to promote fellowship within the church. It is a great way to meet other members in a social environment.
Board of Public Relations
Promoting Christ Lutheran and the church activities in the community and other areas such as the Michigan Lutheran, etc. This board is responsible for the new church sign out front as well. This is an opportunity to make others aware of our ministry here at Christ Lutheran.
Board of Stewardship
The Stewardship board is responsible for gathering the Time and Talent sheets that each new member fills out and then notifies the appropriate people of their interests and talents. Stewardship also conducts the annual drive to gather pledges from members. This is a rewarding ministry that focuses on the various aspects of stewardship.
Board of Youth
If you enjoy working with youth, this board is for you. They plan activities and programs for the youth. This board is responsible for decorating the Christmas tree in church and has also sponsored food drives in the past. Other activities include skiing, sledding, skating, trips, youth choir and Bible Class.
Board of Christian Education
This board oversees all aspects of Christian education including:
- Sunday School for Pre-K – 12th grade. Sunday School is held Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. Teachers are volunteers that work in pairs and take turns rotating Sundays.
- Vacation Bible School for Pre-K – 5th grade, is usually in June or July for one week, Monday through Thursday in the morning.
- Adult Bible Study is open to all adults. There are a variety of classes and opportunities for study. Tuesday Bible class is at 7:00 p.m. Wednesday Bible class is at 9:30 a.m. Thursday Bible class is at 10:00 a.m. Bible classes are led by Pastor Quardokus & Pastor Measel.
- Lifelight is an in-depth study of the Bible designed to keep you in the Word daily. Lifelight is offered Monday nights at 7:00 p.m. and Wednesday afternoons at 1:00 p.m. Babysitting can be available for both sessions.
- Family Life is geared toward families with school age children, although younger siblings usually tag along. Outings have included hay rides, sledding, minor league baseball, and roller-skating. Your kids will probably know alot of people, so come and join the fun!